“Faith without works is dead.” – James 2:14-2
We believe that our faith teaches and inspires us to serve others. At Saint Paul, we accomplish this through:
- Providing the meal once a month at the weekly worship service at Church Under the Bridge in downtown Houston, in partnership with Thousand Hills Ministry. We carpool there from Saint Paul about 5:30 p.m. on the second Saturday of each month.
- Hands-on work at mission programs. We’ve been to nearby states, nearby cities and beyond. We helped repair a home for a family affected by Hurricane Ike in Galveston in 2012 and opened our doors to people who fled Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and 2006.
- Our Helping Hand Fund, an assistance fund for those at Saint Paul who need financial help for a little while.
- Christian Community Service Center, which serves those in need throughout our part of Houston with food and clothing. We work at CCSC’s food pantry at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church – Gethsemane Campus on the second Saturday morning of the month.
- Contributions to various organizations. See links below.
Presbytery of the New Covenant
Houston Presbyterian Cursillo
Presbyterian Marriage Encounter
Christian Community Service Center