- Christian Community Service Center at 6856 Bellaire Blvd. in Southwest Houston (at Gethsemane United Methodist Church) is a coalition of 38 area churches united in serving people through five programs: emergency services, JobNet, vision care, back-to-school help and the Jingle Bell Express.
- Interface-Samaritan Counseling provides counseling and educational services from a Christian perspective for Houston and surrounding areas.
- Houston Area Women’s Center
- Crisis Intervention of Houston
- Thousand Hills Ministry, the folks who do Church Under the Bridge for Houston’s street people, and other programs.
- Houston Food Bank
To learn more about the Christian walk, go to:
- Houston Presbyterian Pilgrimage, formerly Cursillo, is a three-day weekend retreat for renewing your faith.
- Upper Room devotionals
- My Utmost for His Highest devotionals
- Our Daily Bread devotionals
- Ligonier Ministries, the site of Christian teacher R.C. Sproul
Want to help others?
- Volunteer with us at the food pantry provided by Christian Community Service Center at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church’s Gethsemane campus. We’re there on the morning of the second Saturday of the month. Call the church at 713-774-7446 for more information.
- Or come with us in the evening of the second Saturday of each month at Church Under the Bridge, provided by Thousand Hills Ministry of Houston.
- The Presbyterian Hunger Program has a need for seeds in Haiti. Learn about this and the One Great Hour of Sharing program.
And while you’re at it, check out:
- Calabash choir, our own group of African singers and musicians
- Financial Peace University, the Dave Ramsey-led seminar on personal financial planning, has been offered by Saint Paul.
- Presbyterian Marriage Encounter
- Presbyterian Youth Connection Council
- Kairos Prison Ministry
- Presbyterian Border Ministry
- Presbytery of the New Covenant
- They Like Jesus But Not the Church was the subject of an eye-opening study at Saint Paul by Dan Kimball.
- Mercy Me, home of the well-known Christian band. We list them here because they’re good and because the drummer Robby Shaffer is the son-in-law of our former music director, Melvin Ballard.
- Christian performer Wayne Kerr