Spiritual Growth for Adults
Saint Paul is a place to meet new people, form lasting friendships and grow spiritually with them, in a variety of ways.
- Life groups are small gatherings of eight to 10 people with similar interests or needs who meet regularly for fellowship away from church. They can be on certain areas of interest, such as divorce recovery, or studies by noted Christian educators.
- Three women’s groups – two “circles” and the Third Women’s Group which meet regularly in members’ homes – offer women a chance for fellowship and spiritual development.
- Weekly Bible study with Rev. Kevin Boyd takes place from 9:45 to 11 a.m. every Tuesday in his office.
- Annual trips to Mo Ranch Conference Center provide a great way for Saint Paul folks to recharge their personal batteries – both physically and spiritually – with fellowship and fun activities. There’s a similar trip every fall to Camp Cho-Yeh and Conference Center, too.
- Both adults and youth also take a mission trip every summer, usually in June. In 2011, we repaired a home in Galveston that was damaged in Hurricane Ike. In 2008 and 2009, we traveled to Louisiana and to Southeast Texas to help folks in areas affected by the hurricanes. In 2007, we traveled to a mission in Oklahoma to help with everything from remodeling to electrical expertise to yard work. In 2006, a team of 13 mission volunteers from Saint Paul worked in Reynosa, Mexico, with Puentes de Cristo.
- On Sundays, two adult education classes meet at 9:45 a.m.
To learn more about any of these programs, contact Lynne at the church office at 713-774-7446.